Yep. This is a post about shoes. After reading Meg's posts about shoes and East Side's retaliation, AND reading Burlap's many posts about her love for her shoe collection, I think it is time for me to think about shoes.
Don't get me wrong, I love shoes just as much as the next girl that is normal. Ahem- MEG!! ;)
I even have all my pretty heals displayed on our bedroom on an open shelf neatly in rows for all my visitors to see. Tom doesn't even mind that they are on his side of the bed. Ahhh...
Here's my dilemma... Tom is already about an inch shorter than me. Normally I don't give a crap and throw on my purty heels when we go out and tower over him for the night. Heck, he actually likes when I wear heels. Come on, what man doesn't like it when their lady wears heels? Right?
Recently I wore 4 inch hot pink pumps to an 80's Prom Party at the Ottobar and he told me the whole night how hot my legs looked. =) Like I said, normally I don't care. But for our wedding day I want to wear flats. My dress is long enough to wear flats and I want to stare at Tom in the eyes all day long without feeling like a Sloth or Amazon woman. Get my drift?
Of course when I told my mom I wanted to wear a shoe that matches the wedding colors she thought I was nuts! Her friend Kathy even told me that colored shoes weren't "bridal". AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So of course I sent Mama and Kathy pics of brides in beautiful shoes of different colors and now they get my vision...*I THINK*
So...with my many requirements of wedding day shoes you can see why I am having problems and have been avoiding shopping for them. Urrgh. I did find these beauties though. And yea, I might just order them. What do you think? Very much a wedding color and very much Dorothy inspired. I love them!!
*Note: It was REALLY Miss Fairfax that got me thinking...
6 days ago

1 comment:
k, I needed a pair of 3" heels to bring to my fitting and the only ones I could find on short notice where my sassy red ones that are on my profile pic. I kind of desperately want to wear them now, even though I already have pretty bridal shoes! I say do it.
Post a Comment